The attorneys of the real estate law team at Raue bring broad experience to the table assisting clients in real estate transactions of any kind: asset deals, share deals, agreements for heritable building rights, transfers of real estate portfolios, as well as sale-and-lease-back transactions. The notaries of the practice group have many years of experience in recording real estate transactions.
Project development is also core competency of our real estate law team. Raue is involved in large construction and infrastructure projects, which require a whole range of key fields of the law to be taken into account in an integrated Fashion. We provide advice to investors, property owners, architects, developers, and lenders, as well as to energy companies, transport companies, and the public sector. We assist our clients from the earliest planning phase, when major decisions that will shape the future Project already need to be reflected in concluded agreements. While projects are being realized, we are by our clients’ side, up until it is completed and eventually resold. Finally, we will represent our clients in court should any disputes arise.
The attorneys in our real estate law practice are experienced in all of the legal fields relevant for real estate projects, including property law, public and private development law, the laws relating to services provided by architects, along with corporate and tax law, environmental law, public procurement law, financing, and tenancy law.
In the field of infrastructure, we advise developers, investors, and the public sector on legal matters concerning the new construction or upgrade of highways, commercial airports, power plants, projects involving high-voltage lines, underground cables, and gas pipelines, as well as the construction and modernization of public buildings.
We provide advice to passenger transport companies, freight operators, logistics services providers, and government authorities on matters of transport law as well as in related fields of the law such as public procurement law, state aid law, anti-trust law, and administrative law.
- Real estate transactions (asset deals, share deals, structuring of transactions in terms of corporate law and tax law, real estate due diligence, agreements for heritable building rights, transfers of real estate portfolios, as well as sale-and-lease-back transactions, financing, real estate collateral)
- Project development (planning phase: consultancy on urban land use planning, building permit proceedings, urban planning agreements, development agreements, public procurement law; construction and realization phase: agreements with architects, construction manager / general contractor agreements and engineering contracts, consultancy in cases of conflicts in the implementation phase, warranty Claims
- Lease-out and management of properties (lease / tenancy agreements, consultancy regarding general terms of business, advice on matters governed by the laws concerning residential property, advice on the supply with utilities and on facility management agreements, representation in litigation or arbitration)
- Comprehensive legal advice regarding the new construction or upgrade of federal highways and commercial airports, railway lines, and federal waterways
- Advice on zoning and permitting proceedings for the construction of high-voltage overhead lines and underground cables
- Advising federal Länder and municipalities, inter alia on constructing and modernizing public facilities
- Advising companies on public procurement law in connection with privatizations and on the establishment of partially privatized cooperation companies
- Structural analysis and consultancy regarding privatization issues provided to cities and municipalities
- Representing transport companies in administrative proceedings before the regulatory authorities (Federal Railway Authority, Federal Network Authority, authorities responsible for granting approvals and licenses under the laws governing passenger transport) and anti-trust authorities (Federal Cartel Office, European Commission)
- Representing clients in tendering procedures and negotiations for the award of transportation contracts and for the sale of ownership interests in municipal transport companies
- Recommended for Real Estate Law, Legal 500 EMEA 2021
- Recommended for Real Estate Law, Legal 500 Deutschland 2020