Raue provides comprehensive advice on all aspects of German and European antitrust law to enterprises, associations and the public sector.
Our legal services include the contract and project design in compliance with antitrust law, matters relating to market power and abusive conduct, as well as merger control. We advise on antitrust compliance and assist clients in the event of investigations (“dawn raids”) and sector inquiries by the cartel authorities. We represent our clients in antitrust and merger control proceedings before the European Commission and the German Federal Cartel Office (Bundeskartellamt), before regulatory authorities and in national and European courts.
We have gained particular expertise in the field of cartel damage claims (follow-on actions) and the related fields of sector-specific regulation in the energy, telecommunications, media industries and the transport sector.
- Administrative and fine proceedings, appeals
- Structuring of cooperation and distribution agreements
- Abuse of market power
- Sector-specific regulations in infrastructure based industries
- European and national merger control proceedings, coordination of multi-jurisdictional filings
- Enforcement of and defence against antitrust claims before arbitration tribunals and ordinary civil courts
- Antitrust Compliance
- Recommended for Antitrust Law, Legal 500 EMEA 2022
- Recommended for Antitrust Law, Legal 500 EMEA 2021
- Advising HD Plus GmbH, a provider of high-definition television content via satellite, on business development in compliance with antitrust law
- Advising a listed construction machinery manufacturer on an international distribution cooperation agreement
- Representation of GASAG Berliner Gaswerke AG, a gas supply company, as plaintiff before the Regional Court (Landgericht) of Berlin, the Higher Regional Court of Berlin (Kammergericht), and the Federal Court of Justice (Bundesgerichtshof), as well as in proceedings before the Federal Cartel Office for the abuse of market power by the Land Berlin in awarding the gas network concession
- Representation of several electricity and gas utility companies, envia Mitteldeutsche Energie AG, Mitteldeutsche Gasversorgung GmbH and EMB Energie Mark Brandenburg GmbH, in court proceedings regarding electricity and gas concession law
- Representing more than 40 press publishing houses, as rightholders of the collecting society VG Media Gesellschaft zur Verwertung von Urheber- und Leistungsschutzrechten von Medienunternehmen GmbH, in a lawsuit brought against Google Inc. before the Regional Court (Landgericht) of Berlin for the abuse of market power in connection with the ancillary copyrights asserted by the press publishers
- Representation of the municipal utility Stadtwerke Leipzig GmbH in proceedings before the Federal Cartel Office (Bundeskartellamt) on the review of district heating prices
- Representing DB Barnsdale AG as claimant in an action for damages against members of the global air freight cartel (follow-on-action)
- Comprehensive antitrust advice as well as judicial and non-judicial representation of the wood-based panel manufacturer Sonae Arauco Deutschland GmbH
- Advising the sugar associations Wirtschaftliche Vereinigung Zucker e. V. and Verein der Zuckerindustrie e. V. on sector-specific competition law and general antitrust law
Merger Control Quick Test
Our “Merger Control Quick Test” assists you in an initial self-assessment of the filing requirements for mergers.
Find out whether your transaction must be filed with the Bundeskartellamt.