Raue advises enterprises as well as their representative and supervisory bodies on all aspects of compliance. Compliance has become a core issue for all enterprises: The requirements are steadily expanding, while at the same time the consequences of violations are becoming increasingly more punitive: Severe fines, compensation claims, and reputational damage. We assist our clients through each step of the compliance management process. On the prevention side, we work with them to develop and implement customised compliance programmes, conduct internal training workshops, and audit existing compliance programmes for potential deficiencies. In the event of possible violations, we conduct internal investigations and represent our clients’ interests before regulatory, anti-trust, and criminal prosecution authorities as well as before courts in defence of third-party damage claims or in the enforcement of such claims on our clients’ behalf.
Our compliance team includes partners with extensive experience in the legal areas particularly relevant for compliance, including corporate law, public law, labor and employment law, and antitrust and public procurement law, as well as litigation experts. In addition, we can also utilise our comprehensive knowledge of the industries in which we are specialized , namely energy, health care, property and infrastructure, and media and telecommunications. This enables us to put together the best possible team for each compliance issue our clients may face.
- Development and auditing of compliance programmes
- Internal training workshops for compliance officers and other staff members
- Internal investigations
- Representation before regulatory, anti-trust, and criminal prosecution authorities
- Defence of third-party damage claims and enforcement of damage claims against liable parties.
- Advising the German subsidiary of an international group of companies (turnover of over one billion Euros) on the development and implementation of a compliance programme resulting from anti-trust and procurement law violations, including comprehensive internal training workshops.
- Advising a German group of companies (turnover of over one billion Euros) with regard to corporate law and regulatory compliance associated with the development of intra-group guidelines.
- Advising an international E-Commerce distribution company (turnover of more than 300 million Euros) on compliance questions relating to online sales in Germany (including product safety, product liability, and environment law issues).
- Advising a German stock corporation (turnover of more than 100 million Euros) on the development of an integrated self-learning compliance system, including employment law aspects (company agreement on the introduction of a code of conduct).
- Advising a German group of companies (turnover of more than three billion Euros) in defence of a claim regarding a violation of data protection laws, as well as providing advisory services during prolonged official investigations.
- Advising several German and international groups of companies in relation to potential compliance violations by partners in joint venture projects (fraud, embezzlement, corporate law compliance), including the development of reappraisal and separation strategies